women get social

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Isn't it funny

Isn't it funny how you can pick up a conversation with someone that you don't get to see very much? My friend from Jasper, Al. is just like that. Last night we talked for three hours on the phone. I've known this person for many years and it doesn't matter how much time goes by, we can still have lots to talk about.
She's one of my closest friends.
I have another friend like that that I have known for almost thirty years and we are the same way. We don't get to see each other often, but we always manage to be able to pick up the conversation quickly.
Those are the types of friends that will stick by you through thick and thin. I feel so blessed to have them in my life. They both bring so much to me.
Of course there are those friends that are more acquaintences than anything. You know those who you talk to but are not real close to anymore. I don't know why we keep those in our lives. I guess it's because there is some allegance towards them. Who knows?
I've never been one that has a multitude of friends, I just keep the ones I have. You could call that being a bit closed minded, but it works for me. But those who really mena something to you can brighten you days and give you a sense of hope. I am very fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment