women get social

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fight for the Cure

I sent off my checks yesterday for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, United Way and the American Diabetes Association. I hope they find a cure for breast cancer and diabetes in my lifetime.
I can't give a lot, but every little bit helps.
I think it's the duty of all of us to give back to the community. You don't really realize how much you have until it's gone. I'm talking about the United Way. This organization helps feed the hungry and provide assistance to women and children all across the state.
And I know that the money I give to this organization goes directly to the support systems that help these people. It not only helps those in need, but it also gives a sense of hope.
I have always been taught to help those who can't help themselves. Assist those in need. It also makes you feel good.
Just think, if everyone sent in donations to assist others or to help find a cure for a disease then I think the world would be much better. Better in values.

No comments:

Post a Comment