women get social

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Day in History

Well today the space shuttle will launch it's last flight. They say that the U.S will not fly again into space for another 50 to 70 years. But there will be trips to the space station by means of a Russian shuttle. The launch is suppose to happen at 11:26am this morning. Alabama time would be 10:26am. I'm definitely going to watch it. This is like the 60's when John Glenn flew the apollo space craft. I saw on the news that a classroom full of students from UAHuntsville will be there. I wish I was a fly on the wall.
There may be a delay into todays schedule. The weather station has predicted strong winds and storms in Florida. Maybe they'll be able to launch anyway.
Not much going on here. I'll be going today to volunteer again. I'm expecting the kids will be all excited because we're suppose to have a police officer there discussing safety tips. Kids always like police officers and firemen. This officer is suppose to be giving out badges to the kids today. I can just see their little faces.
Have a Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment