women get social

Friday, July 1, 2011

Doing Better

I went to see my Dad today. A day after his surgery. He had a bad day yesterday with all of the drugs they gave him during surgery. He's still a little queeezy, but he said he does feel better. His hand and arm are both in a wrapped brace and it's swollen. I spent a few hours with him this morning while discussing his surgery and my new volunteering post.
I'm so glad he was feeling better, because it makes me nervous when either of my parents are not. Maybe it's due to their age or just that I depend on them so much. Not just for financial support but for emotional support. You never know what you have until you step back and recognize what blessings are before you.
Isn't that always the case. I think people get so wrapped up in their lives that they just expect or take things for granted. Like it's the normal.
Since I have been diagnosed with diabetes, my family has  been there for me. I mean has "really been there" for me. I feel blessed everyday for this and I value their opinions. I feel that my family net is real strong. I'm glad that I was born into this family and will admire their strength and devotion all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment