women get social

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Surgery Day

I hate it that my Dad is in alot of pain right now. He had his second surgery this morning and his hand is wrapped up from his fingers to his elbow. Mother called and said that the medications he was given to be put asleep for surgery and a pain medication has resulted in waves of nausea. She has to pack his hand with ice every twenty minutes for the first 24/hrs.
I just don't like anyone who I love to be in discomfort. I'm gonna be going to see him tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll bring him a sweet treat or something. At least I'll be able to see him.
I've been quite lazy today. From how my day went yesterday, I'm just catching up on chores. Of course, my cat is asleep. She normally sleeps 12 to 17 hours a day and is up all night.
I was craving a hamburger so bad earlier today, but I stayed with my chicken and vegetables. I go back to the library tomorrow. I'm volunteering on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
I like to volunteer because it makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile.
The weekend will be on us soon. I hope everyone has a good 4th. of July. Remember in Birmingham we have fireworks at Vulcan park called Thunder on the Mountain. Everything starts at 9pm. Also if you can't get to the park, then Fox6 shows it on TV. That's what I'm going to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment