women get social

Monday, June 20, 2011

Dad

Well the dinner for Dad went off without a hitch. Of course, the food was great. My sister can really cook. It was fun playing with the new puppy, laughing about old stories and hanging out with my family.
Dad seems to have enjoyed it all. He brought with him world class wines from his wine cellar.
The house looked beautiful, nothing out of place. It reminds me of how much space I had in my old apartment before I bought my condo.
As I think of it, I only really have two rooms in my condo. I miss having more space. Maybe one day I'll sell my condo and go back to apartment living. I've had too many bad memories where I am right now. My sister and I were talking about just that and she understands why I feel the way I do.
There was a time when owning something meant a sense of accomplishment to me,but now it's not that important. My Dad always has said that you have to be happy where you are and to not settle for anything.
I've settled, but not for long.
Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment