women get social

Friday, June 3, 2011

Yummy

I went to lunch today with a friend and we had chinese food. I don't eat this very often. I had mongolian beef with hot and sour soup. It was soo yummy. But I paid for it later with major heartburn. I'm sure there were alot of calories too. Thats why I don't eat it often.
But I did have some lousey mahi mahi fish last night. I think it was old. It tasted old. I also had green beans and cabbage with it. So, at least that was a healthy meal.
You know it's so hard when you have diabetes to eat right when you go out for meals. I try to stay in the fish, chicken or vegees stuff. But sometimes I eat beef like I did today. So, the magic of this is to drink plenty of water afterwards.
Since bananas are on the naughty list for me, I eat lots of apples. I put alittle bit of peanut butter on it and poof I've got a nice dessert. You can also buy, no sugar added canned pears and peaches which are good over cottage cheese.
Bread is also a no no for me, but occasionally I'll have a crescent roll and put a piece of turkey or chicken on it. Thats really good too.
So, it's become easy to eat happy when you have diabetes. Luckily I love yogart. I have that almost weekly for a snack. The only good thing about hot weather is that it curves my appetite. You're not as hungry in the summer months as you are in the winter. I don't know about you, but the last thing I want on my tummy in the hot months is alot of food. It makes me tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment