women get social

Sunday, June 26, 2011

What?

Have you ever noticed how rude people can be in line waiting to check out at the grocery store? Or in line anywhere else? Well this morning I was at the grocery store, waiting patiently in line when this man walks up and pushes his way to the next in line, which was in front of me. He only had one item to buy, but still. I calmly told him that the line started three people behind me. He turned around without any hesitation and said he would only be a minute and besides I had alot to check out and he was in a hurry.
The old me would have raised kane over this but I just said ok and simply said to him that the next time he's in line waiting and someone brakes in line in front of him he needs to remember this day.He just looked at me.
I went on about my business and saw this man in the parking lot. He walked over to apologize for his rudeness and I simply said "I thought you were in  a hurry?" He then drove off.
Sometimes when you want to lash out, it's better to just let it go because it's not worth it. Maybe he'll think of this one day and not brake in line again.

1 comment:

  1. Did that really happen? He walked over to apologize and you didn't accept it? I have a bit of a different perspective . . . when I'm in line and see someone with fewer items, I always offer for them to go in front of me. I know you said he barged in front of you but I think I would have let it go. Weird story! People can be rude though . . .

    ReplyDelete