women get social

Monday, June 27, 2011

I Swear

I think I was a little hard on that guy who got in front of me at the grocery store. Now that I think of it, I didn't accept his apology. I think my reasoning was that I was trying to make a point. It might have come across as negative. Well, you learn from yourself all the time.
Today. Today I'm going to be volunteering at a new location. I'll be at one of the local libraries. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'll be working with kids in a reading program. The library sponsors a  group of children for a day camp in the summer time. This is one of my steps that I am doing to get reconnected with people. I tell my sister all the time that I have not been isolating myself, but in a way I have. Maybe this will lead to a more permanent position. Who knows?
Again, I never thought of myself living in a "bubble." It's so easy to hide and get accustomed to me and my cat and a few good friends. I think by getting out around people my confidence will improve too.
It's all good. Good move. I'm optimistic about my future and where this will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment