women get social

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Heartbreak

Today is a day that I don't think I will ever forget. I got the devastating news today that I am no longer friends with someone that I thought our friendship would last a lifetime. It hurt me beyond words could say. I had grown so close to the person and thought we had the best friendship, but in reality it was just a lie. This person does not want to be around me anymore and doesn't want to be friends.
When things like this happens, it's like having your arm cut off or someone dying. I have had a few hours to digest this and I can see her point of view somewhat, but I think that the way she brought it to the table was wrong.
When I told my family, my parents and sister they agreed with me that it was cruel. Basically our friendship was based on proximity.  She never wanted to be friends with someone like that. She's told me this before. I didn't see any of this happening. It was like the old saying, "it came from left field."
Since I care so deeply for our friendship, I think it will just take time to process this and move forward.
I will miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment