women get social

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Results from Doctors appt.

Well, for the first time I have to be on blood pressure medication. My doctor emphasized that it was nothing I did that caused my blood pressure to be up, it's just the diabetes. He said that 9 out of 10 people with diabetes has be on blood pressure medication. That diabetes causes high blood pressure. "It's just part of the course."
I'm disappointed. That just means to me that now instead of 14 medications I take daily, it's now 15. My blood sugars were OK, my cholesteral was good. From 206 to 123. My good cholesteral was only 46, where good is 50 or above. My A1C was up from 7.7 last month to 9.7. This is bad. I told him when I got there that I knew my A1C would be higher because for a month or more I ate  alot of fruit. The kind of fruit that I'm not suppose to eat like oranges and grapefruit. My weight was the same, so that was good no weight gain.
The overal "feel" I had today was poor. It's my fault about the A1C. I just have to not dwell on this and pick up fresh tomorrow. I have to beef up my  diet plan. I've been on the Six Week Body Makeover, so that been going good. I know I can do better. But I did tell him that instead of 6/mo. checkups I need more structure to keep me on track. So, now there going to be 4/mo. check ups.
I can only go up from today. I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment