women get social

Friday, July 22, 2011

New Insite

Well since yesterday was a big day for me, today is a new beginning. It was recommended by my father who is a cardiologist, to buy a blood pressure cuff and start taking my own blood pressure. I did this morning and my blood pressure was normal. I was Rx a large dose of medication from my diabetes doctor for hypertension. But my dad said I should 1/2 that dose and take it at night. I'm gonna wait a few days to take it so I can give my dad a record of my blood pressures for the next five days.
I'm still going to follow my diabetes doctors orders, but I'm going watch to see if this lower dose will be right for me.
Going back to yesterday. I just would never have imagined that I have to take so much medication now than before. I remember that I used to think taking an tylonal daily was a lot. Now it's 15 fold. But enough of yesterday. I'm not going to eat the foods I'm not suppose to anymore. I'm going to be as persistant as I was with food and exercise when I was  first diagnosed.
I just have to believe that I can do it. I hit a stumbling block before [ which is common ] and now I'm going to be living my life with health on my mind. It looks like a big hill in front of me, but I know I can climb it.

No comments:

Post a Comment