women get social

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Friendship

You know who your true friends are when they stick with you through hard times and good. I just had to say that because I learned the hard way this past month about true friendship. I'm meeting my close friends from Jasper tomorrow for lunch. You know, as time flies by, there will be certain people in your life, then they won't be. I have a hard time judging character in people. I used to not trust anyone, but as I've grown older I want to see the good in people rather than their faults.
Even though it was painful to be told that someone didn't want to be my friend anymore based on the fact that I lived near them, I've been able to take a step backwards and see how one sided my friendship was with this person. I even gave this person something that was dear to me that was my grandmothers because I wanted to tell them that their friendship meant the world to me. I do regret that because I don't have that gift anymore.
You know it's funny how flighty people are. Well enough about that. So I guess the best rule of thumb would be to continue to trust people, but take certain people with a grain of salt because nothing you will ever do will please them. Thats unfortunate, because their closing themselves off from a good friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment