women get social

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dieting

You know it's so important to get nutrients in your body while you are counting fat. I'm sure you have seen this diet on TV. It's called the Six Week Body Makeover. It has alot of protein and vegetables. You also eat fruit. Having diabetes, it's important to eat protein. So that is fine. But the fruit part, I have to limit this to apples and pears only. With diabetes you can only eat "hard" fruit. No oranges, grapefruit, berries or grapes. These have too much sugar in them.
So, I eat a salad for breakfast, with a little bit of cheese and dressing. Then I eat chicken,vegees and sugar free pudding for lunch and lastly I have turkey or chicken for dinner with two egg whites. If I get hungry again before bed, I'll have more protein.
I'm getting in the caleries I need with less fat. With the makeover plan you have to eat six times a day.
So, if you are a diabetic, you can follow this program. You just have to tweek it a bit.
This keeps my blood sugars in check. One of the misconceptions of crackers is that their loaded in fat. In alot of diets you can eat crackers. Not me. Thats just like eating bread and bread is a no no on a daily basis for diabetics.
Since I have been diagnosed with diabetes, I have learned alot about food. Also, this helps me keep my weight down. Which is always good. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment