women get social

Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1st.

I can't believe it's August already. This summer has just flown by. The news channel said that this week we're suppose to get over 100 degrees. With a heat index of 111. I'm really gonna have to have water on me when I leave the house.
I met my friends from Jasper this morning for breakfast. She was due at her doctors office, so we ate beforehand. It's always so nice to see them. They are the most down to earth people. She brought me some tomatoes that she harvested from her garden. SHe grows a lot of vegetables.
It's that country girl in her. I had a really good southern breakfast. Scrambled eggs and grits. You have to eat grits in the south. They weren't as good as mine. But they were still good.
I'm not a sausage or bacon person, so I opted out on that, plus those are just full of fat.
I went to walmart then went to volunteer. So, I've had a full day.
I'm back inside where it's cool. I wonder how high my power bill will be this month.
Oh well, it's only money....

No comments:

Post a Comment