women get social

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Nephew

Well today is my nephews 16th. Birthday. I can remember when he would sit on top of the island in the kitchen and blow his candles out on his cake. Or how we would have a party for him at the neighborhood swimming pool and his face would light up with the excitement of his friends and presents. He's all grown up.
It's sad when they grow up and not need you as much. But thats just part of life. We don't have a close relationship that I would like, but that can be corrected. He's gonna get my fathers car for his birthday. Which I'm sure he's excited about that. And it's also good for my sister, his mother because the car is paid for and it's a safe car.
You know, I can't even remember my 16th. birthday. I guess when you get older, you forget about those moments. My sister and brother and I did get second hand cars as well.
So, he'll spend time with his friends today at a place they hang out at. No more family birthday parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment