women get social

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Weird

Well I just got home. Something weird happened where I volunteer. About 10am, the volunteer coordinator came through my section and told everyone that they were closing up shop today and that we needed to go home. When we asked what was going on, she just said that "they" will call us when they needed us again.
That's bizarre. One of the volunteers said to me in the parking lot that this happened another time. And she was told by another volunteer that they were late on the rent at that time. So, I don't know.
I do know that they work on donations worldwide.
I've just never seen that happen before whether it was a place I was working at or volunteering at.
Maybe that's why they function off of volunteers, because there is a lack of money flow.
In any case, I guess I'll have to find a new place to volunteer. Or go back to where I was before I signed on for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment