women get social

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Good Visit

I met my friends from Jasper, Al. this afternoon for a late lunch then they followed me back home. I get to see them about twice a month because one of them comes to Birmingham to see her doctors then.
Anyway her husband bought me two dwarf boxwood shrubs and mulch.
In my garden I have a japanese maple and a bird feeder under the tree. Then to the right I have a alberta spruce planted in a large pot. On each side of spruce is where he planted the boxwoods. Then put down that fresh mulch in the bed of the garden. It looks so pretty now. I also have two planter boxes hanging up from the boxwoods on the patio railing.
That mulch makes it look so clean and organized.
My garden is all set for winter now. It's nice to sit on the couch and look over my garden while watching the birds feed. I have a pair of cardinals that feed there and a pair of blue jays. I think there are a few finches there too.
Well it's been a full day again and I'm ready to relax with a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment