women get social

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Doctor day

I went to see my diabetes doctor this morning for two hours. Yes, two hours. My nurse got there late this morning. After I had been there for 45 mins. Anyway, I had good reports and bad reports. First the good: my blood pressure was good and the last two weeks of blood sugars were good. My chloresteral was great at 115.
The Bad: My A1c level was still high at 9. It had gone down from four months ago, but it was still high. He told me that my body is making more sugar, so that means my pancreas is making less insulin. So, he put me on some additional medication. My vitamin D levels were low. Mine is at 13, but the normal is around 50 to 75. I'll have to start taking this Rx'd vitamin D now once a week.
I gained 1 pound of weight from last time which was a surprise to me because I had really been watching what I eat and exercising. Even though I felt like I had lost weight. I probably did, but for the past month I have been increasing my insulin intake and I have probably gained back what I lost from that. The more insulin you take the more weight you gain. So, it's hard.
When you are a diabetic, you will have foot problems. Sometimes your toes will turn blue. The reasoning behind this is that your feet are the farthest from your heart. There will be a lack of blood flow and circulation which causes the foot problems. So, far I've been lucky. Just experiencing numbness.
All in all, it was an OK appointment. Plus, I can't expect to have all A's when I go to the doctor. Who does?

No comments:

Post a Comment