women get social

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday

Well I didn't know if it was going to rain today or be a sunny day. After I got done today, I came home and there was dog poop on my patio. Obviously someone is not taking their dog out on a leash to go to the bathroom. I see one dog in the next breezeway that is never on a leash. And of course, there's cats that roam freely over here that aren't suppose to.
That's what gets me. Why on earth do people not follow the rules. Each time a person moves here, their given a list of the bi-laws. I hate to say this, but most of the rule breaking is done by renters. They just come and go out of here all the time. It's the responsibility of the owners to keep their renters in check. But most owners don't give a damn. They just want their money. They could care less if someone is not following the rules.
Take my neighbors. Their nice people and all, but they tether their dog from their patio, which is not allowed. In the next building theres a couch on someones deck, which is not allowed. In the summer, people put the towels on the railings, which is not allowed. And the list goes on.
Some of you might think that I am being nick picky, but this condo complex has really gone to trash in the last few years. I remember that was one of the perks when I bought my place, because everything was neat and well kept. The rules were being enforced by the board. And any violators were being fined if they broke the rules. Now, this new board [ members are elected every year] just are not doing their jobs. Doesn't it look better for the neighborhood if there's not trash in the yard?
So, there are perks to live in a condo. No yards you have to cut. No painting outside your home. No roof to replace, etc...
But when you have those that live in your community that don't give a flip of the cleanliness of the property, then there's trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment