women get social

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Boy, it's cold

It is just downright cold and wet outside today. The news said we were suppose to get a "trace" of snow, but I never saw any. Snow reminds me of Christmas. It's so pretty to see snow on Christmas trees. But it is kind of good that it didn't snow because there are no headaches with the roads icing over.
I completely forgot to blog yesterday. I got home, wet all over from not having an umbrella with me. Stripped down, got into my sweats and warm socks, then curled up on the couch for the remainder of the day.
Tomorrow it's suppose to be sunny but still chilly. I made some soup the other day and have been enjoying since then. It's vegetable soup. I got the low sodium chicken broth, put in tomatoes,celery,peas and corn. It turned out pretty well. I also bought some fresh broccoli. I steamed this the other night and it makes a good side dish with the soup.
Hopefully the market will have some fresh shrimp. I have found that shrimp goes well with soup. Heck, I might even put the shrimp in the soup. Can't hurt.
My glasses are falling down all the time, since they are broken. I'm too cheep to buy new ones. I just tape these together. I wear a different pair in front of others. I don't want to look like a nerd with taped up glasses.
I may see my friends from Jasper Thursday afternoon. We have had two plans to meet that have fallen through. So, hopefully I'll get to see them.
Thats about all my news.

No comments:

Post a Comment