women get social

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Grandma

When I was at my parents house this morning, I got all of my winter clothes. They store my clothing over there because I don't have enough space to do it a home.
Anyway, my mother and I went through some yarn of Grandma's. We're giving it to a friend of mine who crochets blankets herself and she also belong to the Linus Project. The Lius Project makes blankets for infants, children and adults affected by disasters.
When we opened a bag we found a blanket that my Grandma has been sewing while she was at the nursing home. It was unfinished, but beautiful. I just wrapped it in my arms and it felt like I was wrapping my Grandma in my arms. There were also unfinished napkins and saucers that she had crocheted.
I'm gonna use some of the saucers as Christmas ornaments on my tree. So, I can say I have something of Grandmas. I miss her terribly.
It's hard to look at these things that she made without feeling a sense of sadness. But how special they are.. I remember her hands. They were always so soft. I think I'll put her pictures out at Christmas time so she will be remembered. She always wore this green sweater around Christmas. And the pins she had on were always festive. I wish I could find those pins. If I did, I would wear them with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment