women get social

Monday, October 10, 2011

What a Great Deal

This afternoon, I was hunting for a good deal. I needed about a dozen or so copies of paperwork that I have and I searched on the web to find a good price at a local printing shop. I found Kwik Kopy.
It's about 2 miles from my house. Instead of charging the standard 40 cents for one copy, I got 16 cents per copy there. And they were so nice to boot.
I'll be taking my stuff there from now on. I got another good deal at Brunos. They had a sale on their meat.
For 2 steaks, 1 roasted chicken and 1 pound of shrimp I only paid $11.00. My freezer will be full for a couple of months.
I always try and find good bargains. You have to with the prices being what they are now.
This is a little hint, I also shop for Christmas presents the last week in October. Stores usually put their merchandise on sale then. They've ordered in bulk for pre-Thanksgiving sales. This Christmas will be meager for me.  Even though I'm on a budget, I'm thinking about movies for everyone. Movies are good because they're both entertaining and priced reasonably. I'll probably bake some banana bread and cookies as a second treat for everyone.
I know some of you may think, "why is she thinking about Christmas now?" It never hurts to be prepared when there's bargain hunting around.

No comments:

Post a Comment