women get social

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday

You know I take my blood sugar levels three times a day. Well last night I measured it at 158, which is good, right on target. This morning it was 169. Huh???? Now keep in mind, I didn't eat or drink anything, so why was it higher? I called my dad who is a doctor and we both couldn't come up with a reason why this happened. Could it be hormonal? Who knows. So now it's been high all day. Even if I have eaten good, it started out to be high, so in turn it stays high.
So, I've been drinking the water today. Still eating, not skipping a meal today. This is probably the most frustrating thing about having diabetes. To maintain a good blood sugar level takes a lot of hard work and dedication. You always have to watch what you put in your mouth, when you eat and how much you eat. You have to get exercise each day and get plenty of sleep. That is if you want to be healthy.
Sometimes it's a hard, but the outcome is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment