women get social

Friday, October 7, 2011

Old Times

You know sometimes when I watch old movies on TCM, I often wonder how it was back then. No hustling and bustling around, no computers or new technology. I think I would have liked to have grown up back then. I've always been attracted to the simpler things in life.
Where men actually pulled the doors open for women, pulled out chairs for women and had a better respect for women.
Now it seems like there  is too much politics going on. Too much of women proving that their equal to men. Don't get me wrong, I support all of that, but we've somehow lost  the  feminine quality.
Even the dress was more appealing back then. When women wore hats and gloves all of the time. And even men wearing hats as well. It seems that there was more time spent with "the family."
So, there's a lot of perks from living back then, but I think I would miss the technology of these days. The means of communication didn't exist then. What I do like still is sending letters to people not emails. Emails are so inpersonal. It's so nice to get a card rather than an ecard.
So, when I watch these old movies, it's like a dream from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment