women get social

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pretty Morning

Got up early and took a really good walk. I just love this time of year. The residents in the complex have all of their Alabama decorations out on their patios for today is their homecoming. So it's all crimson and white. I haven't  seen many Auburn fans around here.
One of the splurges I do for myself is buy fresh flowers at Publix. So I went this morning and bought some. There displayed in my living room now. It makes my tiny place smell so good and makes me happy.
You should try putting flowers out where you would see them.
I bought more bird seed and filled my bird feeder up to put in my garden outside.
My new shrubs are being delivered next week, so I'll get this "bald" spot in front covered. I even swept off my patio.
I'm planning on planting some winter flowers out say in the middle of October. I remember when I bought this place 5/yrs. ago in October there were yellow flowers in the planter boxes over hanging on the railings of my patio and fresh cedar shavings around the garden. It looked so pretty.
I'm hoping that it will look that nice this winter. I always plant something that can take the cold temps. I hate having an empty garden at any time, plus it dresses up your place.
Just a little more planting to go and I'll have it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment