women get social

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oh Yummy!

One of my elderly neighbors baked me homemade apple bread. What do I always say? Oh Aunt Bee, Aunt Bee. Thats from the Andy Griffith show. I say that whenever I taste something wonderful. I miss eating all those yummy breads, cakes and goodies. With my diabetes I have to be really careful.
SO, I'll freeze the rest of this bread and bring it out only once in awhile.
Speaking of my diabetes. I have really been good about maintaining it these past few months. On my last appointment I had slipped too many times and my A1C was elevated. So hopefully at my next appointment it will be a lot lower.
Before I was diagnosed, I used to drink chocolate milk all the time and eat ice cream and potato chips. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss these foods, but remarkably I don't crave these food all the time like I did. I think when you eat high fat foods all the time, you crave them more. Well at least thats what I'm telling myself.
So occasionally I treat myself to something yummy while I'm drinking lots of water and exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment