women get social

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday

Well after I have volunteered from 7am-3pm today, I came home. WHile I was out on my patio watering my plants I heard my neighbor talking to a salesperson out on their patio. When this person was done, he came over to my patio.  I immediately told him that I was not interested and to please leave. I kept trying to say that when he interrupted me and said shut up twice.
I looked at him and he said he was from At-t and wanted to know if my cable was furnished in my rent. Now keep in mind, this guy has no clothing on to advertise where he was from, nor did he ever introduce himself or what he was asking questions for.
I said to him that I doubted that he worked for At-t. I also said to him that there was no solicitation allowed on this property and he was being rude to tell me to shut up. I also said that if he did work for At-t, then his company would be very interested in his behavior.
I'll give him persistence. He asked again if my cable was included in my rent. I then said that I own my condo, therefore I don't pay rent. I shouldn't have even said that, because keep in mind I don't know what this guy is after or know who he is.
He then said thank you and left. I felt a little funny after he left. I decided to walk over to my neighbors and ask her what she thought of this guy. She had the same warning signs as me. She asked why would he be asking those type of questions. I told her that she should never give out any information to anyone who simply shows up on your front door step. She agreed.
I know that if I see him again, I'll just call the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment