women get social

Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday

Well I've had my first week of volunteering at the American Diabetes Association. I have learned alot of new things that I haven't encountered since being diagnosed with diabetes myself. It has made it easier for me to talk with people about this disease because I have it to.
You know I think we take it for granted when we aren't ill because when we do it sick our lives change so much. I never had it so good when I only had to take an aspirin once in a while before I was diagnosed. Now it's like I'm taking enough medication to kill a horse. It's part of my routine now so it doesn't weigh fully with me anymore, but I know that if I don't follow a schedule with my medicines then it could get real bad pretty quick.
So, it's all about pacing yourself. Try not to get too wrapped up in your illness and enjoy each day that you have. Enjoy the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment