women get social

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SSI Call

When I'm about to get dressed this morning the phone rings and it's the Social Security office. I have about 45 minutes before I have to be at my desk. To save time, they decided to offer me a telephone interview instead of waiting months for my office appointment. So I said great and it's scheduled for this Friday afternoon.
I have to get some documentation ready : names of doctors, medications, hospital admittances, checking account routing number, balances on securities I have, etc. So I'll be well prepared for my interview.
My  day went OK. I saw the funniest thing driving to my volunteer job. There was this man on the side of Hwy 31 with a sign in his hands "will work for shelter." That wasn't the funny thing. What he had on was a cheese hat [ you know the ones that are all orange and a cheese slice ]  and stripped red and white socks that he wore with his purple shorts. I guess he was trying to get peoples attention. He sure got mine. I quickly locked my doors.
When I got home today, my cat had thrown up three times on my coach, my bed and the bathroom floor. So needless to say, I've had the cleaning stuff out trying to get the stains off. So, it's been a crazy day.

1 comment:

  1. OMG . . . between cheesehead "where's Waldo" and butter, you have had a full day! You didn't want to offer Mr. Stripped socks you laundry closet? Just kidding!
    Hang in there . . . I'm proud of you :)

    The Rock

    ReplyDelete