women get social

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What Did You Say?

There was this rude old woman in the post office this morning. She was rude to the post woman helping her and rude to the people in line waiting. I was about the third person near the counter waiting. She came in and said that due to her age, she needed to be the first one up to the counter. Before anyone could say a word, she just pushed herself through ahead of others waiting.
She said that she was in a hurry and the post woman needed to get her black --- in gear.
The post woman didn't know what to say and just looked at the old woman. Well, I'm real good at instances like this one. I walked up and told this old woman that she was rude and that others were waiting before her. She was about to say something when the post woman told her to get at the end of the line and wait her turn. I was standing right next to this old woman. She looked at me, looked at those waiting in line and then she walked out of the post office.
I felt bad for the post woman to suffer this outragious racial slur. She said it was ok because this same woman does this every time she comes in. Also, this old woman has not been allowed in a few times also.
Well I felt better after that. I went back to my position in line and waited to be helped. The others waiting in line started clapping their hands together and said "way to go."
When I went out to get in my car, that same old woman was sitting in her car talking on her cell phone. I got out of there not wanting another confrontation.
It's amazing how people behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment