women get social

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Volunteering

You know, since I've been volunteering for different organizations around town it has given me so much. It makes you feel good to help others in need. It also gives you a chance to "give back."
Since I have so much time on my hands, it also helps keep me busy. I think I would go nuts at home day in and day out.
I love my cat, but I need to be around people. I think I have mentioned it before since the storms came through Alabama. The best way to get information on volunteering for the storm victims is go to myfoxal.com. This is the website for Fox6 news. On that page you will be given numerous numbers and websites to volunteer, donate money and donate food.
I have also volunteered for a local animal shelter in the past. So I try to balance my time there also.
It would be nice if I had a job, but this is nice also. By volunteering , I also get the feeling of self worth. You can loose this if you feel you're not contributing. Plus, you're helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment