women get social

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oh Really?

I have these neighbors, who are self proclaimed "rednecks." Their in there 60's, drink heavily and stay up all night playing their radio out on their patio. I went to Walmart last night and bought these flowers to plant in my planter boxes. I also bought this coconut mesh and potting soil.
I had left it on my patio for a couple of hours. When I came out about 12:30am to get the stuff, the woman was opening up the Walmart bags to see what was in them.
I was so surprised that I said " oh! "
She turned around with her hands in the bags saying that she just wanted to see what I had bought.
Now, I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but it flew all over me. This is the same woman who "borrowed" one of my potted plants just a few weeks earlier.
I told her that she didn't have any business on my patio, much less have any business going through my belongings. She finally stepped back and went back over to her patio.
Man, there are just some crazy people out there. I feel like she had gotten in my personal space. Lesson learned. I will never again leave anything out on my patio that I don't want prying eyes and hands on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment