women get social

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

It's finally here. There are so many things we should be grateful for. Number one is our armed forces. Without them we are just ducks in the water. We have been able to leave in a freedom free country for many generations. We need to give thanks for all of the men and women who has sacrificed for us.
It's also a day for families I believe. To be grateful for what we have and to pass that love to others.
I plan on spending the day with my parents today. Since I don't get to see my father very often, I'm hoping today will be one of those days to catch up.
Number three it's a day of reflection. Reflect back on the past and move forward with a ray of hope. There are so many suffering from battles of the past. It's time to relieve those and set new goals for the future.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could end all wars. I mean all wars around the world. Have a unity of peace?
Maybe one day the people of earth will see true freedom as a symbol. A symbol acting as a tool for all to live together peacefully. No hate or greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment