women get social

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Children

You know, children are so funny. Especially the ones that are between the ages of two and five. I went to a restaurant by myself today, yes by myself. I went over to Cracker Barrel to have their club salad. This salad is so yummy. It has all kinds of fresh vegetables and home baked turkey on it. It was yummy.
Well when I was sitting at my table this little boy kept walking by. He had to have been no more than four years of age. His parents table was just across the isle from me.
He finally came over and asked where everyone was. I told him I was there by myself and then he just plops down on the chair and says "I'm here." His mother came over to get him and I said he was fine. So, while I ate I listened to him talk about his favorite toys and he introduced me to his stuffed bear he was carrying with him.
After I was done, he gently gets up and says "bye."
I thought that was the cutest thing. Children seem so sensitive to others around them.
His name was Nate. I'm sure it was short for Nathanial.
So, I had a good lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment