women get social

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gimmicks

You know, companies now a days are trying their best to come up with new gimmicks for you to pay higher prices. I have never liked my cable company. Whenever you get one of their agents on the phone their usually short tempered with you and are rude.
I'm a classic movie fan. You know old black and white movies. Anyway I noticed last night that I wasn't getting that channel anymore. I already pay 68.00 dollars for my basic channel. In order for me to get that one channel back I would have to pay for a digital box which would cost me 15.00 extra dollars. And if I got another TV such as a HD TV, then I'd have to get another box costing more. So, I can't see paying extra for one channel. I am disappointed because I usually watch that channel.
Oh talking about gimmicks. When gas prices go up when the seasons change. It seems you pay for more for fuel in the summer time. Since I am on a fixed income, it gets expensive to fill up your tank. So, now I'm having to go into my grocery money to fill up my tank.
I guess I would be more frustrated about this if I was working. My friends who are working haven't gotten a pay increase while the cost of living has increased. But I do remember how that felt.
Another gimmick is food prices. You always see, buy one and get one free? Well that is a farce. The price for the item is pushed far up, so you're actually paying more.
It would be nice if prices stayed the same and no "special deals" were out there. These "special deals" are not saving you any money, but only making feel that you are.
Everyone is out for a buck these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment