women get social

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I hope all of the ngage readers have a Happy Mother's Day. As a tradition, this day is one of those days to is filled with love. A family's gathering to celebrate mothers. It's nice that husbands get involved with their spouses on this day. I know alot of husbands don't celebrate it with their wives and this is unfortunate.
But of those who do, I think it can be a gift of thanks for being the mother of their children.
Today, my family will meet at my parents house. My father and brother and I are planning to grill out steaks. We're also having a nice salad, baked beans, fries and roles. Not being the cook of the family, I have picked food that is easy to make.
You know as I think back, there were times that I wanted to be a mom myself, but it didn't work out for me. I always thought I had enough time for motherhood. I wish I had settled down earlier and had a few kids. That will be my greatest regret. I guess I could adopt, but now that I'm 46/yrs. old, I don't think I want to be running around with a 2/yr. old at my age. So, I enjoy being an aunt and god mother.
Afterall, today is a day to be with family. And to be grateful for what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment