women get social

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner

Boy, that was fun. Despite the lack of space in my condo, we had enough room. Everyone seemed to have a good time. I was fortunate to have my sister to do this dinner with me. She such a great decorator and cook. She made the majority of the food. I did make a squash casserole, with rice, roles and cranberry sauce. She made a wonderful turkey, out of the world stuffing [ my favorite] with gravy, sauted green beans, sweet potato casserole and mac and cheese. Oh and we had a yumming desser, apple and cranberry pie with ice cream.
Dad brought the wine [ a red and white ]. I used my granmothers wine glasses and dessert dishes. My sister bought some beautiful flowers which adorned every room in my place. And my white candles gave a sense of elegance also.
It was really special. After all, this was my first holiday dinner.Of course my cat was a bit tramitized. She hid under the bed the entire time. She's real shy of company in the house.
I am so thankful for a wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment