women get social

Friday, November 12, 2010

Good news

It's good news that I don't have to replace the water heater. The plumber just replaced a leaking valve. But I did have to pay for his labor which amounted to 85.00. Thats really not that high, these other plumbers that I have used in the past cost 185.00 per hour.
I did get another hit on the job prospects with Meyers. Meyers is a lighting store. Its not prestigious, but it's a job. So, next week I'll have two applications to fill out. One with Charter and the other with Meyers. So, we'll see. I feel it's slim pickins right now. I wonder if it's due to the holidays coming up.
I am soo  ready for cooler temps. It's been pretty warm these past couple of days. When i volunteer, I usually have to work outside in the raptors section. It's gets pretty hot in there.
I saw a really good movie last night. TCM was showing vet movies for veterans day. It was called "Saving Private Ryan." I usually don't go for those war movies, but this was a good one. I know someone who is serving in the military as a medic. She's been away from her home for 2/yrs. She has a 4/yr. old daughter. . I pray that all of those serving will be able to return home soon.
There are holiday drives that most churches are participating in to send care packages to the military. I've bought shaving cream,shampoo,lotion and cookies to give to this Lutheran church near my house. This helps me stay ntouch with the world around me. Plus, it makes you feel good to give to others. So look around to see where you can contribute.
Also, every Christmas, Fox6 news sponsors a food drive for children in the Alabama area. It's usually at the western supermarkets and publix. That would be another way to give back.

No comments:

Post a Comment