women get social

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Poor kitty

When I was walking this morning, I saw a kitty that had obviously been hit by a car. He had blood all over him and he was dragging one of his back legs. He was sitting in the grass at one point and when I walked up to him he hissed and ran away. I did try to catch up with him, but he wouldn't let me get near him.
I felt so helpless. If I was able to hold him I would have taken him to the emergency vet clinic. What do you do? I just had to stand there and watch him cross the road again and disappear in the woods.
That made me think of my own kitty and how I would hate it if she was hurt, who would be able to help her? Thank god she's an indoor cat and not wondering the streets.
I called my neighbor about this and she told me that there are some farel cats in the neighborhood that neighbors feed. So I wonder if this was one of them. It's just heart breaking to see an animal suffer like that.
With his injuries I don't think he will make it. So, hopefully he'll die quickly without further pain. All I can say is watch out for your animals especially if you live by a busy street.

No comments:

Post a Comment