women get social

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Gathering

I am sooo excited. I'm having my first Thanksgiving dinner. My sister is doing it with me. She's great at entertaining and decorating. I went out today and bought a new tablecloth,glasses,candles and napkins. I saw in a magazine a table decoration. It had white candles of different sizes and these painted gold beads with fresh flowers. I'm doing everything except the gold beads. My sister is going to bring these gold plates to go under my white plates. I think it will look nice.
I'm glad my sister is doing this with me because I don't think I'd have the courage to do it myself. I've always been a spazz when it comes to entertaining. I never was comfortable with it. But this is my family, so I think it will be fun.
There's nothing like the smell of a roasted turkey,stuffing and pie. I just want to sleep after a heavy meal. Oh, what a sleep it will be. Belly's full and I'm all warm from wine. Ahhhhh...
Whats also neat about the holidays are the lights,music and cheer. There's a farm near Utah, Al. that puts up all of these Christmas lights on their property. You pay 5.00 per car and drive through all of these decorated lights. It's really cool. It's like magic. I haven't been to it in years, but I remember it being alot of fun.
I feel like a kid in a candy shop.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited about our gathering too! You are going to do great. You don't give yourself enough credit! Can't wait . . . One more week.

    Me

    ReplyDelete