women get social

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Plumbers

Well my plumber didn't show up yesterday and I couldn't reach him by phone. I'm gonna give him til 12:00noon today, then I'm gonna call another plumber to come out and look at the water heater. I just hope the water heater does not explode by then.
I did find a job advertisement online for a customer service rep. at Charter cable. They didn't specify that Monday and Tuesday were the only days you could apply for the job, so I have to wait until Monday to do that.
I feel like this week has been unenventful. The job prospects have been slow and I feel that I have been waiting all week. I have been able to clean out my utility room and wax the hardwood floors. My weekends are always full with cleaning and volunteering. I do volunteer during the week ,but only two days. But I have earned enough money now to do my Christmas shopping early. I was always one of those who crammed in all of my Christmas shopping on black Friday. The day after Thankgiving, but this year I'm hoping to get that all done beforehand. I can't forget my Christmas cards.
One good thing about the holidays is that I'm able to spend some time with my niece and nephew I only see once a year. Also spending time with friends and family. I know if I were working right now, I wouldn't even be thinking about shopping early or Christmas. But thats what happens when you have alot of time on your hands. I've been thinking about volunteering at Brookwood hospital. Maybe I can get my name out faster for a potential job.  Who knows? Always looking for possibilites....

No comments:

Post a Comment