women get social

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Air

The air was so crisp this morning when I walked. It's so beautiful outside. The leaves are changing colors and there is a sense of renewal with the seasonal change. I feel like being thankful for all of my blessings. My health is getting better, I have a wonderful family and my friends are supportive. I'm almost on the "top of the world."
I think my outlook has gotten better these last couple of days. I've made a point not to be so self absorbed. Even cleaning homes has been an adventure. I started cleaning two womens homes back in August so I would have money for Christmas. This whole time my pride overwhelmed me because I thought "I have a college degree; this is demeaning." I shouldn't be cleaning peoples homes. But as I pondered on it, I thought at least I'm "earning" my own money and not relying on my dad to give me Christmas money. "Who cares what I do."
My new found humility keeps me grounded. It also keeps me focused on my future.

1 comment:

  1. How much do you charge? I might know someone who could use your services . . . ME! :)

    R

    ReplyDelete