women get social

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Say what?

This morning I was enjoying a hot cup of coffee when I noticed these women walking around the property. I knew who they were, Juhova witnesses. As I sat there one of the older women came up to my patio and said "good morning." I said it back to her, then she just sat down next to me. She asked me what I was doing for the day and I asked her who she was. She said "I'm a Juhova witness."
I then said that I wasn't interested in what she had to say and asked her to please leave. Usually that does the trick, but this morning it was different. She then stood up and got her scriptures out and started praying. I saw the other two witnesses make their way to where we were sitting. They all prayed in unisome. I got up to go back inside and they told me that if I stay to hear them, I was going to be "denied from God."
I appreciate all forms of religion, but this was rediculus. I told them that if they didn't leave I was going to call the police. They stood their ground and I went back inside and closed my curtains.
I heard them outside for at least another 5 minutes then they left. I called my neighbor upstairs and warned her of what happened and to not answer her door when they knock.
If it's not Juhova witnesses , it's people coming up to your door and ask for money. It happens alot since my condos are located on a busy road.
It sort of feels invasive. Oh, and then we also have the mormons that ride their bikes around too.
It would be nice to be able to go outside and not be bothered by these organizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment