women get social

Friday, November 19, 2010

Kindness

Yesterday, I had to go to the post office to send a care package to a sick friend. Well, I didn't have enough money with me and this man standing behind me in the line gave me the remainder of change that I needed. I didn't even ask him; he just came up to the counter where I was being helped and gave the postman  the $2.75 .
I thought that was so thoughtful. Even though I had witnessed two irate people this week, I decided that there are those that are generally kind. Sometimes it's hard to recognize this when the average person talks to so many people in a day. Just alittle compassion and kindness goes a long way.
One of my insecurities is that I don't have enough faith in people. Maybe it's because I get dissappointed with people. Or maybe it's because I've been burned too many times. I think it's only natural when you experience the "bad" in folks, that you sway towards hesitation.
All I can do is believe that people have more good in them than bad. And as the old saying goes, "treat others like you want to be treated."

No comments:

Post a Comment