women get social

Monday, November 8, 2010

Lay off's

When I was volunteering this morning, two volunteers told me that they lost their jobs last week. I know first hand how they feel. It's unfortunate to invest a long time at a job, then loose it all due to a lay off. Some people say that the economy is bouncing back, but the national unemployment rate is still 9.6%. A year ago, the national unemployment rate was 10%. So that shows you that jobs are still so hard to come by. Even retail stores  everywhere are still hurting, due to people not affording to buy goods. We are still in a recession no matter what the news tells you..
Even though job advertisments update daily online, there is nothing that I could qualify for so far. It's like I've said before, some weeks I get two to three hits and other weeks I don't get any. I thought about joining another job placement agency, but that cost money. Most of the time, you go through an interview with these agencies and they don't send you out on any interviews. . I actually have worked with two agencies  in the past and both of them never found any jobs for me. It was a big waist of time.
At least I'm making alittle money cleaning and I have my volunteering too. With all of the applications I have filled out and interviews I've been on, I feel that the right job is going to find me. I always keep my options open and go out to any company who requests to meet with me. It's all in your attitude also. If you feel defeated, then you are defeated. Always seize opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment