women get social

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Being thankful

You know, the average person does not know how good he has it. You're so used to things you tend to take it for granted. I have a brother whom I rarely speak to. It's not intentional from both of us, but we have never had a boding relationship. When I think back, he has been there for me when I needed him most.
He's one of these people who doesn't celebrate his birthday, is a loner and is very private.
So naturally, he's not a big part of my life. I regret this.
I wonder if I could develop a relationship with him. I wonder if it's too late. Too late in the aspect of our ages. I don't want to believe that. I don't blog about him very often, but when I do it's usually just saying I saw him today or spoke to him today. So, I really don't know his likes and dislikes. He's my brother, but a stranger to me.
But I can honestly say he's there for me when it counts. I remember when I was sick about 4 years ago. He came to the hospital to bring me some clothes when the rest of the family was on vacation in Florida. He drove me around town when I was loosing my eyesight a year ago. He went and bought me groceries at that time too. He buried my beloved friend,Molly for me without me even asking him too. Basically, he's  been there for me. I don't think I have given him much of a chance in the past. I used to take it personally when I could not break the silence with him. But as I have learned, he's guarded with everyone in the family.
He has his close friends just as everyone does, but he usually keeps to himself. So, now I just accept him for who he is and be thankful that he is my brother. But I sure would like it if we were closer. Because what really matters is that I do love him very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment