women get social

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Happy Easter to everyone!!!! I spent the day with my family. The food was wonderful and also the company. The wave of conversation was politics and the upcoming Royal Wedding on 4-29-11. Gosh it starts broadcasting at 3am in the morning. YIKES!! But I wouldn't miss it.
Today at 6pm they had Princess Di's and Charles's wedding which was  30 years ago. I remember we were at my grandparents home and we all woke up real early to watch the ceremony.
It just doesn't seem to have been that long ago.
It was a beautiful day today, not too hot and the sun shined all day.
Dad colored easter eggs as he always has. I remember when we were little he would always have an ugly egg. And we would always miss one or two eggs, but would smell them in the yard weeks later. I have alot of fond memories of Easter egg hunting.
It was nice to be with everyone. Although we all live in the same town, we don't get to see each other much. So these holidays are precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment