women get social

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Better prepared

It's funny I was talking to my sister this week about the bad storm that came through our area on Monday night. I had all of the preparations for my cat, her food and water, liter box and toys to go in the bathroom, but I didn't have anything for me. We're aspecting another wave of severe weather tomorrow. So, I'm gonna charge up my cell phone in case we loose power, dress appropriately rather than my pajamas, put shoes on my feet, get batteries for my light and radio and pillows to go in the tub.
I don't want to sound like I'm over reacting, I just wasn't prepared on Monday for the "what if's."
Oh and I'm not going to try to catch my cat this time. I have the battle scars from Monday still. I think in the south we do take storms to the extreme sometimes, but as I always say "it's better to be safe than sorry."
Since I don't have a basement, I have suggested to my neighbor that maybe she should come down to my condo on the first floor in this storm. So, we'll both be safer.
Nothing new to tell. I am volunteering again, trying to keep busy. The website for ngagetoday is coming along. No new news from the job front. Did you happen to catch the Presidents speech yesterday? What a disappointment. All of the commentators I have heard today agreed on one thing. Obama was not talking in an adult conversation. He wants the rich to have higher taxes while still wanting to pay less taxes for everyone else. So which one? Can't have both. His speech consisted of a desire for a new re-election rather than improving the deficit of this country. 80 % politicians in his party were  also surprised about his speech. Like I've said before, he needs to get out of office soon. He doesn't know what he's doing. This nation is in trouble as long as he's running it. For the pro Obama's, sorry. Just my opinion.
But studies have shown also that the majority of people that voted for him have been disappointed with the way he is running our country. So, thats interesting as well. I won't be mentioned politics again in my blog. Too contraversial.

No comments:

Post a Comment