women get social

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Good friends

You know I feel so blessed to have the good friends that I do.  I have blogged about my friends in Jasper, Al. One is severely ill and the other is so hard working with a disability himself.
They drove a hour away yesterday to bring me a chest. Their truck is old and not dependable, so it means they have to drive real slow. So, I think the trip from Jasper to Birmingham took them longer. They have always thought of others rather than themselves.
Right now they have taken a young man under their wing to help him get his GED and get some work ethic. This young man came from a horrific childhood. His father is a drug addict and has lost everything  due to bankruptcy. I'm not sure about his mother, but this young man lives with his grandparents who have major health problems.
So, all of his life he has not been given any guidence. So my friends have given him a job to help with yard work and are trying to teach him how life can be good rather than a struggle.
My friends have had it bad with both their health and financially. But they have had people from church and other organizations to help them plus good friends. So now they  are "paying it forward." Their passing their hope to someone else.
I think this is so selfless. They should be admired for this, but they just want to pass it on. They are very humble people who would give anything they had to others in need.
They have really made an impression on me through the years that I have known them. And the one important lesson I have learned is to live each day to the fullest. Because each day is a gift from God.
You never know when it could end.
Good philosophy I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment